Today, Greek Debt Gastronomy travels in Crete! Actually, I do not know anyone who has been to Crete and did't promise himself to return at least once! The Cretan people, the landscapes, the beaches, the drinks and of course the food - are all wonderful! It is the authenticity of the island that makes it so special! From my holidays to Chania I cannot even remember one restaurant or a tavern that I didn't like the food!
My uploaded photos will give you a brief view of Chania and my Ntakos (a local and famous appetizer) recipe will give you a taste of Cretan gastronomy!
100 gr. feta cheese
1 ripe tomato
4 tbsp olive oil
4 black olives
2 Cretan rusks
- Chop finely the tomato.
- Crumble the feta cheese using your hands.
- Remove the stones of olives and cut them into slices.
- Put the rusks under running water for a moment (only 1-2 seconds to avoid over-soaking).
- Place the rusks on a plate and put on them the chopped tomato.
- Sprinkle rusks with the crumbled cheese and the olive slices.
- Pour the olive oil and sprinkle with capers.