Pumpkin reminds many people Halloween. Greek cuisine doesn’t include pumpkins widely, apart from the pumpkin pies whose receipts are quite regional. The recipe that follows is a creamy, smooth sweet dessert with pumpkin, carrot and orange. You can enjoy it on its own or combine it with biscuits, chocolate syrup or whipped cream! Really tasty, really orange!
- 200 gr. Pumpkin
- 1 carrot
- 2 zested and juiced oranges
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Vanilla extract (optionally)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon caster powder
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Chop the pumpkin at cubes.
- Peel the carrot.
- Boil the pumpkin and the carrot in a saucepan till they soften.
- Drain them and put them in a food processor or electric chopper.
- Preheat the half milk at low-medium temperature.
- Add the melted pumpkin, the carrot and the butter.
- Add the vanilla and the orange zest.
- In a bowl combine well the sunflower powder and the other half of milk till the powder dissolved.
- Add it to the boiling cream.
- Add the orange juice.
- Stir frequently.
- Your cream is ready to serve it when it thickens.
The smell will truly amaze you! So fresh and lovely!